- Snuggled with Number Three in bed
- Made a batch of strawberry jam
- Baked a loaf of bread
- Shelled walnuts from our walnut tree
- Baked a batch of granola
- Was brought eggs from our chickens by The Bavarian and then cooked them for breakfast
- Listened as Number Two chatted excitedly to my dad on the phone
- Watched as Number One washed the baby potatoes he’d just harvested from the potatoes he planted in the garden a few months ago
- Made a spontaneous decision to throw on our shoes and jackets and head to a nearby village festival with our neighbours
- Got really annoyed that the house was so filthy but then realised how lucky I am to have a garden and energetic children who love to play outfdoors in the muck
- Looked at photos of my new nephew
- Had a visit from a good friend
- Sat in my outdoor kitchen, drinking tea and enjoying life
8 thoughts on “13 Things I Did This Weekend Which Reminded Me How Great My Life Is”
Beautiful list! That jam looks gorgeous, and the photo of the walnut is so cool. I know what you mean about mess – it gets to me sometimes, but I try and concentrate on all the positives it represents! x #thetruthabout
Thanks Jess. I love it when the walnuts crack so well that they are heart-shaped.
Concentrating on the positive is the only thing to do sometimes, isn’t it?
Thanks for popping over.
Beautiful post Fionnuala 🙂
Your life does sound entirely idyllic Fionnuala! I love the fact you your walnuts are heart-shaped. Making a positive list like this is something which I think really helps enhance your happiness of all the lovely things in life – I must do one myself soon! Thanks so much for linking up to this week’s #thetruthabout X
Thanks Sam. I would’t say it is “entirely” idyllic, but it is close enough at times.
hooray for new nephews, home-made strawberry jam & freshly baked bread! mmmmm
Indeed – hooray!