A few weeks ago my friend Catherine from Pushing The Moon tagged me for the 73 Questions tag. Since I was moving from Blogger to Weordpress at the time, I didn’t get round to posting it till now.
So, here goes.
- What Is Your Favourite Movie?
This is a really tricky one. I have several. But I think ‘When Harry Met Sally’ has to be top of the list.
- Favourite Movie In The Past Five Years?
Oh God, I am not good at remembering films. I reckon it would be Intouchables. I watched it in the cinema with a friend and really enjoyed it.
- Favourite Hitchcock film?
I don’t have one. I’m not even sure I have ever seen one of them.
- A Book You Plan On Reading?
Wolf Hall. I started it a couple of times but never got far due to having small children and because my concentration levels are not too great by the time I get to read in the evening.
- A Book That You Read In School That Positively Shaped You?
A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich. I was shocked and fascinated by it.
- Favourite TV Show That’s Currently On?
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix
- On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
I would say 8. Things are going well generally and are an improvement on recent times.
- iPhone or Android?
- Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I like pretty pictures.
- Who Should EVERYONE Be Following Right Now?
Obviously I would love if everyone was following me but you should follow CaptureByLucy. Her feed is bright and pretty and colourful and has such a feel good vibe to it.
- What’s Your Favourite Food?
Roast meat – chicken, lamb, pork or beef in that order.
- Least Favourite Food?
- What Do You Love On Your Pizza?
Rocket and Parma ham
- Favourite Drink?
- Favourite Dessert?
Anything with caramel
- Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee I think now. I used to drink buckets of tea and only started drinking coffee when I moved to Germany.
- What’s The Hardest Part About Being A Mum?
The fear that something will happen that you can’t protect your children from.
- What Is Your Favourite Band?
I don’t have one, but 90s indie is my favourite music.
- Favourite Solo Artist?
- Favourite Song?
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Van Morrison
- If You Could Sing A Duet With Anyone, Who Would It Be?
- If You Could Master One Instrument, What Would It Be?
- If You Had A Tattoo, Where Would It Be?
Somewhere I wouldn’t be able to see it. I don’t like tattoos.
- To Be or Not To Be?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Bird-watching or Whale-watching?
Whale-watching. I have never done it but diving with dolphins was amazing and I reckon whale watching would be too.
- The Best Gift You’ve Ever Received?
An antique writing box from my parents
- The Best Gift You’ve Ever Given?
A trip to Monart Spa for my mother’s birthday last year.
- The Last Gift You Gave A Friend?
Beautiful curly-wurly branches from our kiwi tree. I gave them as gifts to three friends recently to make Easter decorations with.
- What’s your Favourite Board Game?
- What’s Your Favourite Country To Visit?
Holland. I always feel at home there.
- What’s The Last Country You Visited?
France, to do the groceries. It is only 10km to the border.
- What Country Do You Wish To Visit?
Italy, but properly. I have been to Rome for a night, skiing in the north and to a wedding In Tuscany but I haven’t had an Italian holiday yet.
- What Is Your Favourite Colour?
- Least Favourite Colour?
- Diamonds or Pearls?
- Heels or Flats?
- Pilates or Yoga?
I’ve never done pilates, so I’ll have to choose yoga.
- Jogging or Swimming?
- The Best Way To De-stress?
Physical activity of some kind, whether garden work, sport or cookery.
- If You Had One Superpower, what Would It Be?
The ability to freeze time.
- What’s The Weirdest Word In The English Language?
- What’s Your Favourite Flower?
- When Was The Last Time You Cried?
Watching a film recently. I can’t remember which one though.
- Do You Like Your Handwriting?
Yes. It could be nicer, but I don’t dislike it.
- Do You Bake?
Yes. Almost daily.
- What Is Your Least Favourite Thing About Yourself?
That I can fly into a momentary rage in the space of seconds
- What Is Your Favourite Thing About Yourself?
My thick hair
- Who Do You Miss Most?
My parents and siblings. I see them too seldom.
- What Are You Listening To Right Now?
The Best of REM
- Favourite Smell?
The smell of skin that has been in the sun
- Who Was The Last Person You Talked To On The Phone?
- Who Was The Last Person You Sent A Text To?
- A Sport You Wish You Could Play?
Does archery count? I like the idea of it but my aim is brutal.
- Hair colour?
- Eye Colour?
- Scary Film or Happy Endings?
Happy endings, without a doubt.
- Favourite Season?
Spring, closely followed by Autumn
- Three People Alive or Dead That You Would Like To Have Dinner With?
Both my grandmothers as yyoung women and Kirstie Allsop
- Hugs or Kisses?
- Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
The Rolling Stones
- Where Were You Born?
- What Is The Farthest You Have Been From Home?
Christchurch, New Zealand
- Sweet or Savoury?
- Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
- What Book Have You Read Again and Again?
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Favourite Bedtime Story?
Where The Wild Things Are
- What Would Be The Title Of Your Autobiography?
- Favourite Sound?
My children’s voices
- Favourite Animal?
- Who Is Your Girl Crush?
I’ll have to pass on that one. I’m drawing a blank.
- The Last Photograph You Took?
2 thoughts on “The 73 Questions Tag”
Wow! You were born in Drogheda! That’s where my family are from! I haven’t been back there in years.
I love that you can just pop over to France to do your grocery shopping. And the fact that you were listening to The Best of REM while writing this makes me happy as they are one of my favourite bands. They were the soundtrack to my youth. Xxx
Really? My family still lives there. The town has changed a lot, mostly for the better. You should make a trip back with your children.
Thanks for the tag. I really enjoyed writing this post.