A few months ago I decided to share my Clear Out And Eat philosophy over on Instagram and I am so glad I did. The feedback has been great. I have really enjoyed seeing your photos and reading how you’ve made something from nothing, used up rather than thrown out or invented a delicious new dish by throwing together what you had in the fridge.
Last week both Nicola from Simply Homemade and I posted our left over goat’s cheese meals. If you haven’t checked out the hashtag #clearoutandeat yet, then do. You are bound to be inspired when you read the background stories of these meals.
Bear in mind though that these are photos of real food meant to be eaten straight away by hungry families. It is not styled or prettied up. It is good food – real food – for real families who are conscious of the amount of food waste that goes on in this world and who are trying to do their bit to reduce waste.
Since we are in the run up to Christmas now, it seems only right that I run a little giveaway to say thanks for the support and for tackling food waste in your own homes, educating your children on the issue and using your creativitiy to make the most out of the ingredients you have at hand.
Speaking of creativity, Emily from TheNest.ie has joined forces a with me for this giveaway. Have you seen her beautiful hand-illustrated, spiral bound notebooks? They are so pretty, I have bought myself several as well as her Book of Days for 2017. I liked them so much when I saw them a few weeks ago that I bought one for you too!
So how do you get your hands on it? Well, all you have to do is tag your food photos with #clearoutandeat on Instagram and / or Twitter between now and 9th December. Emily and I will choose our favourite photo and send a pretty notebook out to the winner.
Terms and conditions:
- You must have prepared the food yourself
- The dish must incorporate food you are using up, not bought specially for the dish
- You must take the photo yourself
- The photo must be accompanied by the hashtag #clearoutandeat and a description of the dish and ingredients. You do not need to provide the recipe used.
- By entering this giveaway you agree to let me regram your photo and include it in a round up on this blog in December 2016
- Only open to entrants with a postal address within the Republic of Ireland
- Disclaimer: I have bought and paid for the prize in this giveaway. Emily is kindly covering the postage. This is not a sponsored post.
3 thoughts on “The Big End Of Year #ClearOutAndEat Giveaway!”
Thank you very much for the mention and what a lovely competition!
Thanks to you Nicola for being a great user-upper of food 🙂