First things first, thanks for nominating me, Mum With Brain! While there is something of a chain letter feel to this with having to nominate ten other blogs myself, it is thrilling to get chosen for the award myself. Plus it gives me an excuse to have a good read around and pick out some nominees.
So, if I have understood this right, and I am assuuming I have, I am to share with you seven insights into my world.
1. I have only ever won one trophy. I am not a sporty person. But at a work event back in the summer of 2005 I came first in the women’s go-karting race and was awarded a big trophy. When my sons discovered a big golden trophy with a racecar on it in the cellar last year, they presumed it belonged to The Bavarian. They were amazed it belonged to me and needed The Bavarian to verify my story before they really believed me. I was very popular for a few days after that.
2. My favourite book and film is A Room with a View. I really cannot decide which I like better. Usually books win out over films for me. But in this case it is a great book vs Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter and a beautiful soundtrack. It will forever remain a tie for me.
3. A quote that I really love is this one from Virginia Woolf “A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction”.
4. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write a cookbook. The closest I have come to this is starting a cookery blog, My Kitchen Notebook, while on maternity leave back in 2008. While I am quite proud of what I have achieved, I still long to write a book. Maybe one day I will find the time.
5. I spent my whole childhood believing that the soundtrack of The Wombles went „The Wombles of Wimbledon. Common are we“. I used to wonder why the song said they were common when they were quite rare. I didn’t realise there was a place called Wimbledon Common.
6. One of my pet hates is long fingernails on men. They give me the creeps. I don’t know why that is, but they do.
7. I am one of those wierd people who counts marzipan, liquorice and blue cheese among their favourite foods. My husband cannot understand liking any of these.
After a good snoop around the web, I have decided to nominate the following ten blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award:
6.Catherine at catherinefulvio.wordpress.com
9. Amy at Ring The Merchant
10. Olivia at My Food of Life
Over to you people!
9 thoughts on “#OneLovelyBlog Award”
Aww I love these. Definitely do the cook book when you have time! Will be a fab achievement xxx #twinklytuesday
Feel like I know you so well! Fab post. Agree with the long finger nails on men thing. Yuk!! Love that quote so much too. Totally true. How fab to write a cook book! Do it!! (when you get time) 🙂 Jess x
Thanks Sarah! I truly intend to.
Thanks Jess. Great to meet / read someone likeminded 🙂
I did this last year — it's such a fun way to find out about other bloggers!! 🙂 I'm totally with you on point 7! These are great answer. I absolutely LOVE liquorice (and blue cheese and marzipan) it was the thing my mum craved when she was pregnant with me and I am absolutely addicted to the stuff! 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday x
Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
I love marzipan! You know those little marzipan fruit shaped sweets…I love them! I did this post a couple of months back and really enjoyed it. You should definitely do a cookbook 🙂 Thanks for linking up with #twinklytuesday
This comment has been removed by the author.
Know them? LOVE them. Cutest thing ever. Such a shame to eat them but then again they do taste delicious, especially the ones that have a little drop of something alcoholic added in 😉
Oh Caro, how nice to meet a fellow marzipan-liquorice-blue cheese lover! Have you ever been to Holland? A liquorice-lovers paradise, if ever there was one.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.