The other day in my Bloglovin subscription e-mail there was a link to 150 blog post ideas. Thinking that 150 ideas from one person is quite a lot, I clicked on the link and scanned the list. As I scanned, I realised that these are obviously mostly for people who have two things I don’t:
b. No children
My train of thought went a little something like this: No. 62, Pamper Night – Pamper? Isn’t there an s missing?
No. 69, How You Achieve Clear Skin – well, never having the time to apply make up helps a bit.
No. 80, working out at home – yeah, I do that. The hanging-the-clothes-on-the-line stretch, the picking-up-toys lunge, the-ouch-I-stood-on-lego-in-my-bare-feet hop, the mad-dash-after-a-toddler sprint.
So here’s my alternative list. Blog Post Ideas for the Frazzled Parent:
1. What I’d do with half an hour undisturbed “me time”
2. Books I plan to read
3. Films I wanted to see in the cinema but probably won’t watch till they make it to TV
4. Description and photos of the untidiest room in the house
5. This week I miraculously found time to paint my nails / dye my hair / read a book / … here’s how it was.
6. Best mammy moment of the week
7. Best hubby moment of the week
8. Best kiddie moment of the week
9. The pile of unread / unfinished books beside my bed
10. On my bedside table you’ll find. ..
11. Five things in the kitchen that don’t belong there
12. My go-to weekday dinners
13. This week’s most surreal moment
15. What I really should be doing instead of typing right this minute
And on that note, I’ll go back to being mammy now. Happy blogging!