A few weeks ago my friend Catherine from Pushing The Moon tagged me for the 73 Questions tag. Since I was moving from Blogger to Weordpress at the time, I didn’t get round to posting it till now.
So, here goes.
- What Is Your Favourite Movie?
This is a really tricky one. I have several. But I think ‘When Harry Met Sally’ has to be top of the list.
- Favourite Movie In The Past Five Years?
Oh God, I am not good at remembering films. I reckon it would be Intouchables. I watched it in the cinema with a friend and really enjoyed it.
- Favourite Hitchcock film?
I don’t have one. I’m not even sure I have ever seen one of them.
- A Book You Plan On Reading?
Wolf Hall. I started it a couple of times but never got far due to having small children and because my concentration levels are not too great by the time I get to read in the evening.
- A Book That You Read In School That Positively Shaped You?
A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich. I was shocked and fascinated by it.
- Favourite TV Show That’s Currently On?
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix
- On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
I would say 8. Things are going well generally and are an improvement on recent times.
- iPhone or Android?
- Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I like pretty pictures.
- Who Should EVERYONE Be Following Right Now?
Obviously I would love if everyone was following me but you should follow CaptureByLucy. Her feed is bright and pretty and colourful and has such a feel good vibe to it.
- What’s Your Favourite Food?
Roast meat – chicken, lamb, pork or beef in that order.
- Least Favourite Food?
- What Do You Love On Your Pizza?
Rocket and Parma ham
- Favourite Drink?
- Favourite Dessert?
Anything with caramel
- Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee I think now. I used to drink buckets of tea and only started drinking coffee when I moved to Germany.
- What’s The Hardest Part About Being A Mum?
The fear that something will happen that you can’t protect your children from.
- What Is Your Favourite Band?
I don’t have one, but 90s indie is my favourite music.
- Favourite Solo Artist?
- Favourite Song?
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Van Morrison
- If You Could Sing A Duet With Anyone, Who Would It Be?
- If You Could Master One Instrument, What Would It Be?
- If You Had A Tattoo, Where Would It Be?
Somewhere I wouldn’t be able to see it. I don’t like tattoos.
- To Be or Not To Be?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Bird-watching or Whale-watching?
Whale-watching. I have never done it but diving with dolphins was amazing and I reckon whale watching would be too.
- The Best Gift You’ve Ever Received?
An antique writing box from my parents
- The Best Gift You’ve Ever Given?
A trip to Monart Spa for my mother’s birthday last year.
- The Last Gift You Gave A Friend?
Beautiful curly-wurly branches from our kiwi tree. I gave them as gifts to three friends recently to make Easter decorations with.
- What’s your Favourite Board Game?
- What’s Your Favourite Country To Visit?
Holland. I always feel at home there.
- What’s The Last Country You Visited?
France, to do the groceries. It is only 10km to the border.
- What Country Do You Wish To Visit?
Italy, but properly. I have been to Rome for a night, skiing in the north and to a wedding In Tuscany but I haven’t had an Italian holiday yet.
- What Is Your Favourite Colour?
- Least Favourite Colour?
- Diamonds or Pearls?
- Heels or Flats?
- Pilates or Yoga?
I’ve never done pilates, so I’ll have to choose yoga.
- Jogging or Swimming?
- The Best Way To De-stress?
Physical activity of some kind, whether garden work, sport or cookery.
- If You Had One Superpower, what Would It Be?
The ability to freeze time.
- What’s The Weirdest Word In The English Language?
- What’s Your Favourite Flower?
- When Was The Last Time You Cried?
Watching a film recently. I can’t remember which one though.
- Do You Like Your Handwriting?
Yes. It could be nicer, but I don’t dislike it.
- Do You Bake?
Yes. Almost daily.
- What Is Your Least Favourite Thing About Yourself?
That I can fly into a momentary rage in the space of seconds
- What Is Your Favourite Thing About Yourself?
My thick hair
- Who Do You Miss Most?
My parents and siblings. I see them too seldom.
- What Are You Listening To Right Now?
The Best of REM
- Favourite Smell?
The smell of skin that has been in the sun
- Who Was The Last Person You Talked To On The Phone?
- Who Was The Last Person You Sent A Text To?
- A Sport You Wish You Could Play?
Does archery count? I like the idea of it but my aim is brutal.
- Hair colour?
- Eye Colour?
- Scary Film or Happy Endings?
Happy endings, without a doubt.
- Favourite Season?
Spring, closely followed by Autumn
- Three People Alive or Dead That You Would Like To Have Dinner With?
Both my grandmothers as yyoung women and Kirstie Allsop
- Hugs or Kisses?
- Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
The Rolling Stones
- Where Were You Born?
- What Is The Farthest You Have Been From Home?
Christchurch, New Zealand
- Sweet or Savoury?
- Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
- What Book Have You Read Again and Again?
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Favourite Bedtime Story?
Where The Wild Things Are
- What Would Be The Title Of Your Autobiography?
- Favourite Sound?
My children’s voices
- Favourite Animal?
- Who Is Your Girl Crush?
I’ll have to pass on that one. I’m drawing a blank.
- The Last Photograph You Took?