First things first, thanks for nominating me, Mum With Brain! While there is something of a chain letter feel to this with having to nominate ten other blogs myself, it is thrilling to get chosen for the award myself. Plus it gives me an excuse to have a good read around and pick out some nominees.
So, if I have understood this right, and I am assuuming I have, I am to share with you seven insights into my world.
1. I have only ever won one trophy. I am not a sporty person. But at a work event back in the summer of 2005 I came first in the women’s go-karting race and was awarded a big trophy. When my sons discovered a big golden trophy with a racecar on it in the cellar last year, they presumed it belonged to The Bavarian. They were amazed it belonged to me and needed The Bavarian to verify my story before they really believed me. I was very popular for a few days after that.
2. My favourite book and film is A Room with a View. I really cannot decide which I like better. Usually books win out over films for me. But in this case it is a great book vs Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter and a beautiful soundtrack. It will forever remain a tie for me.
3. A quote that I really love is this one from Virginia Woolf “A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction”.
4. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write a cookbook. The closest I have come to this is starting a cookery blog, My Kitchen Notebook, while on maternity leave back in 2008. While I am quite proud of what I have achieved, I still long to write a book. Maybe one day I will find the time.
5. I spent my whole childhood believing that the soundtrack of The Wombles went „The Wombles of Wimbledon. Common are we“. I used to wonder why the song said they were common when they were quite rare. I didn’t realise there was a place called Wimbledon Common.
6. One of my pet hates is long fingernails on men. They give me the creeps. I don’t know why that is, but they do.
7. I am one of those wierd people who counts marzipan, liquorice and blue cheese among their favourite foods. My husband cannot understand liking any of these.
After a good snoop around the web, I have decided to nominate the following ten blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award: